RIPS 2014, Agro-processing & Agri-marketing
Promotion Policy 2015 and the State Water Policy offer many subsidies and incentives to facilitate investment in the State.
- Enterprises with investment of Rs.100 crores or more or providing employment to at least 250 persons will be eligible for availing customized package of incentives & concessions.
- Enterprises engaged in manufacturing and processing of agriculture / horticulture / animal products and having VAT/CST liability will be eligible for subsidy. Units with investment over Rs.25 lakh have been made eligible for much higher levels of Investment Subsidy and Employment Generation Subsidy.
- Enterprises engaged in post-harvest crop activities and not having VAT/CST liability will be able to avail the benefit of 5% interest subsidy.
- Enterprises engaged in manufacturing of cattle feed, poultry feed and fish feed shall also be entitled to avail the benefit of 5% interest subsidy.
- Exemption in payment of mandi fee @ 50% on the purchase of raw material for processing for a period of seven years subject to a maximum limit of Eligible Fixed Capital Investment (EFCI).
- 100% Exemption from payment of conversion charges for converting agriculture land for agro-processing and agri-marketing activities.
- Enhanced amount of employment generation subsidy per employee per year and it shall be Rs.37,500 for Women/SC/ST/Person with disability (PwD) categories of employees and Rs.30,000 for others, and shall be calculated on monthly basis.
- Freight Subsidy for export of fruits and vegetables produced in the state is available up to a maximum limit of Rs.10 lakh per beneficiary per year.
- Transport Subsidy on export of spices for inland transportation as well as on marine transportation is available with a maximum limit of Rs.15 lakh per beneficiary per year.
- Transport subsidy for fruits and vegetables within the country is admissible for transportation beyond a distance of 300 km. with a maximum limit of Rs.15 lakh per beneficiary per year.
- Incentive for Research & Development: 50% of the cost of development of new prototype subject to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakh for each undertaking in a year.
- Incentive for Project Development: 50% of the cost of development of the DPR. Maximum Rs. 10 lakh during a period of 5 years.
- Subsidy for patent/design registration: Prescribed fee to a maximum of Rs.2 lakh per beneficiary per year.
- Subsidy on quality and certification: Prescribed fee to a maximum of Rs.2 lakh per beneficiary per year.
- Subsidy on sending samples abroad for test marketing: 40% of actual cost of sending samples subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000 per beneficiary for one sample of one commodity to one country.
- Scientific and technology based pressure irrigation systems are promoted over the traditional flood irrigation in agriculture in the State Water Policy. This policy support is conducive to investment in agriculture sector.