- Udaipur division is bestowed with a strong agricultural output and rich produce.
- It is an agro-dominant region with rich soil, ample water availability and strong farmer base.
- Udaipur division is the largest producer of Maize (60.69%), Soybean (36.50%), Paddy (17.89%), Pigeon Pea (43.79%). Major fruits crops & their share in acerage to the state are Mango (44.68%), Custard Apple(90.45%), Guava (12.30%), Lime (9.40%). The fruits, spices & medicinal crops in the division are contributing 7.72, 12.71 & 9.84 percent respectively to the state production.Isabgol is also emerging as a major medicinal crop in the division (9.21% of the total state area). The cropping intensity of the division is 154% compared to state 138%.
- The division accounted for 4% of the entire agriculture produce traded in the mandis of Rajasthan in 2016-17.
- The division is well positioned for investment in agro-processing as Udaipur district is a major part of the project influence area for Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) and has a strong highway, train and Air connectivity.
- Given the strong agricultural base coupled with State-ofthe-art infrastructure, Udaipur is positioned to become the next big chapter of Rajasthan’s agricultural growth story.